Interested in doing some hands-on community research about health in the Mississippi Delta during the May Intersession? SOHE 302/SOC 451 may be the class for you. This Study USA course will give students an exciting experience in the Mississippi Delta while they learn more about community-based research and drinking water quality in the Delta.
- May Intersession (May 12-18, 2019): Study USA Clarksdale
- SOHE 302/SOC 451: Dr. Anne Cafer
- Attached as a PDF is the flyer that will have more information about the course or you can go to the StudyUSA website.
- This course will be an intensive week-long community engaged project working in Marks and its surrounding communities. Students will stay in Clarksdale.
- Students will be working closely with Center for Population Studies staff and partners from the University of Michigan Public Health Action Support Team (PHAST) as we do public outreach about the dangers of lead in drinking water and drinking water quality in the MS Delta.
- Registration deadline is April 11, 2019
- Questions about this course can be directed to Dr. Cafer (email@example.com).
For more information, go to the Study USA Clarksdale website.